Saturday, December 4, 2010

Promoted

Right around the first of November, my boss announced that he had accepted another position within the company. So of course I applied for his old job. Over the course of the past month I had 4 interviews. The last interview was this past Tuesday. I was told that I was the last person and that they would be making a decision later Tuesday or early Wednesday.

So of course, being the patient person that I am, I was waiting hopefully all day Wednesday for news. Thursday rolled around and I knew that there was no guarantee that I would hear that day either, but I also knew that if I didn't hear until Friday there was a serious increase in the risk of me having a heart attack.

Early Thursday, a coworker's boyfriend misdialed and got my number instead. I don't get many calls at works so when the phone ran I got excited only to hear the wrong voice when I answered the call. Thankfully I got the call that I was hoping for later that day. Not only did I get the call but I got the answer I wanted, I got the job!

When I found out that I would not be graduating on time I was disappointed. In the back of my mind I knew that I would still graduate but just a couple months later than planned, but I knew that if I didn't get this job that the opportunity was not going to come again anytime soon. And I definitely do not want anything to sidetrack our adoption. I had 3 major things going on at the same time. And sometimes you can't have everything you want exactly when you want it. So if I had to be disappointed, it definitely came in the right category. This promotion is something that I have wanted for a long time and the raise that comes along with it will help with our plans for Josh to become a stay at home dad. We were prepared for him to stay home either way but this will just make it that much easier.

Life just continues to be exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's soooo awesome! :) Another amazing chapter of God's provision for your adoption story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that you and Josh had decided that he would stay home...that is great! I am catching up on my blogs now that I have some "time off". Guess I am behind. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be sent to Alysa for review prior to being posted publicly.