Monday, May 17, 2010

Inconvenient Emotions

This weekend we were at the grocery store. Just a few feet away from me a little girl (maybe 6-8 years old) tripped over her own feet and did a big old face plant onto the hard floor. While she wasn't seriously injuried, it was a pretty good splat. Soon her mother was down on the floor with her, inspecting her owies, holding her, and telling her it would be okay. I started to cry. In the middle of the grocery store surrounded by strangers these were an inconvenient emotions. I couldn't help but wonder... next time my kid falls, who will check his/her owies? who will pick up him/her? who will tell him/her that it will be okay? You see I may not know my kids' names but I believe they are out there. Are they alone tonight? Did anyone tuck them into bed? I might not know their names but I believe that God knows their names. I believe he knows their little personalities and their little hearts. I have been praying for them for at least a year now. I pray that God will keep them safe, physically, emotionally, mentally safe. I pray that God will give them people to protect them and care for them. I pray that he will give them an unnatural peace, that somehow they will know that we are coming for them. If you were seperated from your kids, how much would you pray for them? Will you pray for mine?

2 comments:

  1. alysa, some good friends of ours are journeying towards adoption here in Nicaragua with us. It is painful and joyful to share in their struggles and their story. I will be praying for you and your kids.
    love,
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for our children and for yours every day! This was very precious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be sent to Alysa for review prior to being posted publicly.