Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A broken world

This world is broken in so many ways. I doubt many people would disagree with me on that. I don't believe that God ever planned for children to be without parents, without people who love them, without comfort and joy. I don't believe that God ever planned for couples to go through the pain anguish of infertility. There are so many things in this world that God did not plan on. I believe he created everything and everyone around us, but I believe it is broken. We broke it.

But God blesses many things that come from this brokenness. Namely, adoption. If God did not design the world for children to be without parents and if he did not design the heartache of infertility then he did not design adoption. It wasn't his perfect plan. Let's face it, in a perfect world no one would need adopting. But this world is so far from perfect. How amazing is it that God would design a perfect world, only for us to break it, and then he would find ways to bless us in putting those broken pieces back together again. I have no doubt in the joy that awaits us. I'm not delusional, I know kids are alot of work... why do you think we waited 11 years?! But I so look forward to the coming year. This is such an exciting time for us.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Alysa! What a moving and insightful post! And yes, this is an exciting time for you, and yes it is normal to feel scared. But as you said yourself, you could not envision your life 11 years ago (and you were maybe scared then?), but God is faithful!! Whoever He gives you, whenever He gives the gift...He will give you the grace and means to trust Him through parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alysa, I posted previously, then realized you might not know me! I am a friend of your mother... my husband and I served with your folks in Moscow, and we "fill in" for them...we'll be in Anapa the first of August. Your parents are amazing people!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Deborah. I appreciate your encouragement. And yes, I know who you are. My mom speaks of you fondly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be sent to Alysa for review prior to being posted publicly.